Turning off assists

Since turning off the ideal driving line and stability control, I haven't missed it - I did struggle for a little bit without stability control, but it didn't take long to adjust. I've pretty much been driving the Porsche - with a short break trying out the Lamborghini and Audi - it sounds like the Porsche can be difficult to drive, with it being easy to spin - and I've certainly suffered from that.

Next was to move on from Rookie mode to "Expert" - this reduces some of the assists and increases the realism. I've also been nearly exclusively racing with the Aggressive preset - which appears to be different across tracks. What helps is to map keys to the increase/decrease traction control - so that you can up the traction control a little bit when its hard to not lose the back end.


Whats great since I started about 7 months ago is that somethings that were hard/frustrating are now becoming more fun:

  • Navigating chicanes or hairpin corners - used to slow down too much and struggle to smoothly go round the corners
  • Smoothly completing laps (this is still hard if I push it too much)
  • Racing against the AI is now a lot of fun, although not losing places at the start is hard, and in a 15 minute race I'll always make a mistake that results in losing a lot of places

Thrustmaster T300RS GT Edition


Comments