It’s all about braking



I’ve been trying to improve my Barcelona GP lap time… I found this explanation from TraxionGG which I’ve found very useful. I’ve printed out a copy of the track from RaceFans.net and annotated it with notes as described in the video — which gears when, where to start breaking, where to position etc.

So now comes the time to put the theory to practice… And its not so easy!

One thing I thought I’d try out is the rubber brake mod that came with the T3PA pedals. It was easy to install, but I couldn’t get Assetto Corsa to calibrate the brake properly — so I only had about 50% braking power. A problem similar to this one but I didn’t get to the point of breaking it, I just couldn’t put enough pressure on it to get it to register 100%.

I thought I’d try out Assetto Corsa on the PC — it seems the PC version has lots of settings and customisations from what I’ve read. So I grabbed an old laptop, reinstalled Windows 10, logged in to Steam, and grabbed Assetto Corsa for less than $6 (it was on special!).

Next I had to install the Thrustmaster T300 drivers for Windows and do a bit of configuration (and not forgetting to change the switch on the T300 to PS3/PC mode). While I was there I noticed that installing the drivers had also installed a firmware upgrade program. By running this I upgraded the firmware from 31 to 33.

After playing on the laptop for a bit, I thought I’d go back to the PS4 — and this is when I noticed that I could now calibrate the brake properly — long story short, updating the wheel firmware seems to have fixed my issue and I’ve now got the rubber mod working for Assetto Corsa on PS4!

Now, I just need to get used to this braking and coordinate it properly…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sub 1m56s lap time for Barcelona

Turning off assists

Turning off stability control and ideal line